SALARY: See Position Description
OPENING DATE: 05/28/19
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 20 minutes south of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 70% students of color, representing over 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion, and social justice, with core goals of Student Attainment, Diversity, Community Engagement, and Sustainability. Highline received a distinguished Award of Excellence from the American Association of Community Colleges in 2014, as well as the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award in 2013 and 2014. The college was also named one of the Chronicle of Higher Education's Best Colleges to Work For in 2010, 2013 and 2015.
The compensation involves both a yearly stipend and possible part time teaching assignments.
Please apply on the Highline College Career Page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highline/jobs/2459963/head-wrestling-coach?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
For more information contact Athletic Director John Dunn at (206)592-3455 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Reporting to the Athletic Director the Head Wrestling Coach will:
- Supervises and manages the day to day operations of the Men's Wrestling program including recruitment of student athletes;
- Implementation of appropriate fundamentals and strategies related to Wrestling;
- Organization of practice and game competition, team selection;
- Assist in the managing, control, and development of Wrestling budget, aid and monitor the academic success and eligibility of the student-athletes;
- Correspond with the coaching community and four year institutions;
- Develop media relations in the community;
- Comply with the NJCAA rules and regulations, and demonstrate a commitment to the Highline College Athletic Department philosophy;
- The candidate will also supervise their assistant coaches, assist in the promotion of Thunderbird Athletics, develop and partake in major fundraising activities, develop community service projects and perform other duties as assigned.