Community Colleges of Spokane (SCC and SFCC)
Track and Field Volunteer Jumps Assistant Coach
This person will be responsible for assisting the head coach in areas of recruitment, planning and participating in practices and program administration. The position will focus specifically on jumps – high jump, triple jump, long jump and pole vault.
Successful candidates should display integrity, have a passion for player development, and a demonstrated commitment to the mission of CCS. Qualifications include a bachelor's degree and a strong background in the sport of track and field, specifically in the jumping events.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach/Teach individuals in the jumps area - help organize and plan day-to-day workouts including techniques related to the specific skill
- Assist in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes within the rules and regulations of CCS and the NWAC
- Comply with NWAC/NCAA rules, follow regulations and support the NWAC & CCS Philosophy and MissionPromote the program positively on campus and in the community
- Drive a state vehicle (12 and 7 passenger van) to and from away contests;
- Other duties as assigned;
Qualifications Knowledge Needed
- Track & Field experience and ability to teach specific skills related to the jumps
- Strong organizational, management and communication skills with attention to detail
- Able to attend practice/training sessions on either campus and local area meets
- Work is physical and active, mostly done outside, sometimes in harsh weather conditions
Application Procedures and Required Documents
Send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information to Coach John Spatz at email@example.com (509) 533-8131 SCC Office number, (208) 989-9445 Cell
Conditions of Employment
- Must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire
- Must possess a current driver's license and show proof of insurance
- Be able to pass a background check
- Currently be CPR certified or be able to obtain certification immediately
- Pass two online NWAC Coaching Certificates